Basic medical services are provided at Student Health Service under the health and wellness fee that is paid with each semester's tuition and fees. Specialty or augmented services that may have an additional charge are marked with an asterisk (*).
COVID-19 Operational Adjustments
Student Health Services has implemented the following operational adjustments in order to continue serving our students while responding to the ongoing COVID-19 situation.
- SHS hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm; Wednesday, 9:30a - 4:30pm.
COVID-19 Testing & Care:
- COVID-19 Testing is available Monday - Friday during business hours with an appointment. For more information about testing and scheduling a test, see our COVID-19 Care page.
- For students who are experiencing COVID-like symptoms, please call us at 619-594-4325 for an appointment or send a secure message through HealtheConnect.
- For testing on evenings and weekends, the County of San Diego offers a number of free testing sites.
- All services must be scheduled via phone call first. Walk-in services have been suspended. Students should call 619-594-4325 to schedule an appointment or send a secure message through HealtheConnect.
- Students with questions about medication refills, prescription transfers, or medical records, can contact us via phone or secure message in the HealtheConnect portal.
- During business hours, students can consult with triage nurse via the phone.
- After hours and on weekends and holidays, students may call the nurse call line at 858-225-3105.
- Basic medical care and treatment
- Acute illnesses
- Minor injuries
- First aid
- Health screenings and basic wellness exams
Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) screenings*
- Family PACT reproductive health services
- Contraceptive management (including some implants and IUDs)
- Annual exams
- Pap testing*
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- Immunity titers*
- Pregnancy testing
- Throat cultures / strep tests
- Mono tests
- Flu tests
- Pregnancy tests
- Lab tests sent to outside lab*
- Prescription medications*
- Over-the-counter medications*
- Contraceptive items*
- Athletics / club sports*
- DMV / pre-employment*
- School of Nursing*
- Study abroad*
- Basic X-rays
- Referral to outside radiology clinic for MRI, CT scan, ultrasound, or other imaging*
- Osteopathic manipulation*
- Orthopedic consult*
Injections & Immunizations
- Tuberculosis skin testing
- Allergen immunotherapy*
Clinical services are provided in our offices at the Calpulli Center [map] by physicians, nurse practitioners and other health-care professionals. These services include:
- Basic Care: Most services are provided under the health fee paid at the time of registration for regular SDSU matriculated students.
- Specialty Care: SHS offers specialty care services such as an orthopedic clinic for additional fees.
Students enrolled in the Family PACT program must be eligible at the time of service to receive program benefits. To enroll or re-enroll in the program, you must apply a day in advance. Schedule an appointment to complete this process through our secure webportal, HealtheConnect.