Emergency Information and After-Hours Care
Call 911 from any campus phone!
- Student Health Services is NOT an emergency room (ER) or trauma center. If you are experiencing a life-threatening medical emergency, you need to call 911.
The closest Emergency Department to SDSU is https://alvaradohospital.com/. Students who need to be seen in the Emergency Department but are not experiencing a life-threatening emergency can also schedule an ED appointment time to help expedite the care process using their Get Care Now system.
Note: You are responsible for your medical care and its related costs. Student Health Services cannot reimburse costs of medical services received outside our clinic. It is important and recommended that you consider obtaining supplemental health insurance to cover any additional or emergency costs.
Mental Health Emergency?
- For immediate psychological help, call SDSU's Counseling & Psychological Services at 619-594-5220. (Mon. - Fri., 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- After hours: San Diego Access and Crisis 24-hour Hotline at 800-479-3339.
Nurse Advice Line (After-Hours Care)
Call 619-594-4325, available on evenings, weekends and SDSU holidays.
Sexual Assault -- Campus Resources
- See SDSU's Title IX Resource Page
Emergency Contraceptive (ECPs or Plan B)
- SHS Pharmacy: 619-594-5924
- Plan B is also available 24/7 in the Health & Wellness Supplies Vending Machine at the Calpulli Center.
- Visit ec.princeton.edu to find a local pharmacy near your home that offers ECPs.
- For more information on ECPs, contact Well-being & Health Promotion at 619-594-4133. Note: ECPs are included in the Family Pact program (prescription required).