Governor’s Scholarship Programs
Learn how to claim and withdraw funds from the Governor's Scholarship Programs.
Note: Governor’s Scholarship Program awards were last granted in 2002. All 2002 unclaimed awards expired on June 30, 2007. Though awards can no longer be claimed, funds in an existing account can be used until a student's 30th birthday.
Withdrawing the Funds
To withdraw funds from your claimed award:
- Access, print, and complete the Qualified Withdrawal Form.
- Mail the completed withdrawal form to the address on the form.
- To have the award sent to San Diego State University, you will need the following
Name of Eligible Educational Institution (School): San Diego State University
Attention (Department, Office or Person): Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
School Mailing Address: 5500 Campanile Drive
School City, State, Zip: San Diego, CA 92182-7436
- When the university receives the check, it will be added as a resource to your financial aid award.
- The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will notify you if eligibility for other aid is affected.
- Student Account Services will notify you by email when your funds are available and/or if the funds were applied toward university charges.