Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
FSEOG is a federal grant that does not have to be repaid. You will be considered automatically after completing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if you:
- are an undergraduate student
- are eligible for and receiving Pell Grant
- have exceptional financial aid need as determined by the Financial Aid office using information you provide on your FAFSA
Learn more about FSEOG.
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships determines if you are eligible and how much you will receive. Not all eligible students will receive this grant due to limited funding from the federal government.
SDSU receives a limited amount of funding each year. Not all eligible students will receive this grant. This is different from the Federal Pell Grant Program, which provides funds to every eligible student.
Review SDSU's priority deadlines.
How to apply
After January 1 each year, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- You will be considered automatically for FSEOG.
- You may apply for aid before being admitted to SDSU.