Alternative (Private) Loan Disbursement
When SDSU processes an alternative loan, the information is sent to your lender. Lenders are advised that no loan funds will be disbursed prior to the beginning of each term.
SDSU will only disburse funds for an alternative loan if:
- You are an SDSU student enrolled at least half time
- You are listed as the borrower on the loan and payment is made only to you (or co-payable to you and SDSU)
- Note: SDSU does not participate in private loan programs that allow parents or third parties to borrow a loan on behalf of the student
- The alternative loan will be deposited directly to your designated bank account after SDSU fees are paid
- You are making Satisfactory Academic Progress