How to Apply for Summer Work Study
To apply for summer work study, you must provide required documentation and submit an application.
Federal law requires all applicants to provide specific documentation to prove eligibility to work. For detailed information about acceptable documentation, refer to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) guidance.
If you meet all eligibility requirements, then follow these steps:
- Find job opportunities from the summer jobs list.
- Contact the employer to schedule an interview. If you are hired, then:
- Your employer will complete the summer Student Employment Authorization (SEA) form for you.
- You will receive an email from the Center for Human Resources (CHR), located in the Extended Studies Center, 4th floor, which will detail the documentation you will need to submit to verify your eligibility to work. If a background check is required, you will receive an e-mail from Accurate Background.
- Once all steps are completed, the Center for Human Resources will notify your employer so that you may begin earning your FWS funds.
Note: You may not begin working until the Center for Human Resources has notified your Division Coordinator.
- The Division Coordinator is the contact person who is responsible for coordinating communications with you, your work supervisor, and the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- See your Division Coordinator for information on pay days and disbursement procedures.