Reporting FWS Earnings

Reporting FWS earnings to the IRS

Tax Regulations Regarding FWS: All FWS earnings are taxable income and must be reported to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), if you are required to file a tax return.

The State of California sends every FWS employee a W-2 Form in January showing total earnings for the previous year.

Contact the SDSU Center for Human Resources if have questions about your W-2 Form.

Reporting FWS earnings on your FAFSA

Information about your earnings and Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) from two years prior tax year is collected on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and is used to determine your eligibility for financial aid.

  • A separate FAFSA question will ask what amount of your earnings and AGI is from FWS.