How to Apply for an SDSU Scholarship
Everything you need to apply for SDSU scholarships is available online through SDSU Scholarship Search. To apply for a particular scholarship, select the “Apply Online” button at the end of the scholarship’s application requirements.
- Apply for each scholarship by its deadline, using your SDSUid or SDSU RedID number and WebPortal password.
- Prospective students receive a RedID number and WebPortal instructions within 5 days of applying for admission. You may apply for an SDSU scholarship before you are admitted to the university, but you must be admitted and enrolled to receive the funds.
- After you review each scholarship’s application requirements carefully, access the online application at the end of each scholarship’s requirements by clicking on the "Apply Online" link.
- Submit a separate online application and essay for each scholarship, by its deadline.
- Some scholarships require additional application materials (see below).
- Submit any additional application materials, if required, to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships by the scholarship’s deadline.
Additional application materials
Some scholarships require additional application materials, such as a letter of recommendation or a resumé. To submit these types of materials:
- Print a copy of the cover sheet provided by the online application.
- Prepare the documents and make sure that each is labeled with your name, RedID number and the name of the scholarship.
- Submit the materials to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships by the scholarship’s deadline.
- Note: Email and fax submissions of additional application materials will not be accepted. Mailed additional application materials must be postmarked by the deadline date. Late and incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
After you have submitted your application:
- Your application is reviewed and you are either awarded or not selected (check status on AidLink)
- If you are selected:
- Write a Thank You letter
- Comply with award conditions
- Clear holds and maintain eligibility
- Receive your funds
A complete application consists of your online application and essay and any additional materials required.
When will I know?
Q: When will I find out the results of my SDSU scholarship application(s)?
A: After the application deadlines, the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships (OFAS) verifies that your application is complete, and that you meet initial eligibility requirements, the OFAS then sends it to the appropriate scholarship committee.
Next, the scholarship committee makes their recommendations. OFAS then verifies that the recommended recipients meet all the eligibility requirements.
Check your status:
Your status will be posted to your AidLink account. We cannot predict how long it may take the scholarship committee to act, so check your AidLink account frequently for the status of your application(s).