Conditions You Must Meet to Receive Your Funds
Before you can receive your awarded funds at the beginning of each semester, you must be enrolled in enough units to be eligible.
In addition to enrollment requirements, there are other conditions you must meet before you can receive your financial aid:
- Enrollment – You must be enrolled at least half time to receive at least some amount. (Learn how enrollment affects aid).
- Award – Have you provided all of the documentation requested and do you have an Award on AidLink?
- Holds – Did you clear all financial aid holds? Check your AidLink messages.
- Loan activation – Did you activate (request) your loan on AidLink? Did you sign the electronic master promissory note with the U. S. Department of Education? Did your parent request and receive credit approval for a Parent PLUS Loan? Check AidLink loan details.
- Direct Deposit – Did you sign up online for Direct Deposit to have your funds automatically deposited to your designated bank account? Check your Student Account.
- University charges – Will there be any funds for you after your university charges of basic tuition and fees, out-of-state tuition, and on-campus housing are paid?
How Your Award is Disbursed
Your financial aid award is disbursed:
- First to help pay basic tuition and fees
- Then to help pay out-of-state tuition, if not a California resident
- Then to help pay on-campus housing and meal plan charges
- Remaining funds, if any, are deposited to your designated bank account