How Grades and Units Affect Aid
Maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
To be eligible to receive financial aid you must meet these satisfactory academic progress requirements:
- Minimum GPA: Maintain a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Minimum Pass Rate: Successfully complete at least 75% of the units you attempt each academic year (includes summer term, fall semester, and spring semester).
- Maximum Time Frame: Complete your degree, credential, or certificate within a prescribed length of time (maximum units for which you may receive aid). It is your responsibility to be aware of and in compliance with SDSU’s satisfactory academic progress standards.
- Filing an Appeal: If you do not meet or maintain SAP, you will be notified by email and through your AidLink account, and you will not be eligible to receive financial aid until you either:
- Meet SAP, as outlined above, or
- Receive an approved financial aid appeal