Minimum Pass Rate
Units Required Each Year: Each academic year you must complete, with acceptable grades, at least 75% of the units you attempt. Units attempted is determined by your enrollment as of census.
For example, as an undergraduate:
- If you enroll full time, 12 units for the fall semester and 12 units for the spring semester, you are expected to complete 24 units during the academic year. To continue receiving financial aid, you must complete at least 18 units (75% of the 24 units you attempted). (If you attempt more than 12 units each semester, you are expected to complete 75% of the units you attempt.)
- If you enroll less than full time, you must complete 75% of the units you attempt.
- If you also enroll in the summer term, you will be expected to complete at least 75% of the units you attempt. The summer term is part of your academic year.
Thesis and dissertation enrollment
When you enroll in thesis or dissertation, you will be considered to be enrolled half time or full time. However, you pay part-time tuition and fees if your total units are 6.0 or less, regardless of your enrollment status.
Graduate students enrolled in:
- Thesis 799A are considered to be enrolled full time
- Thesis 799B or 799C are considered to be enrolled half time
- Doctoral Research 897, Doctoral Dissertation 899, or Clinical Internship (Psychology 894), are considered to be enrolled full time.
Staying on track
You are expected to successfully complete all of your units.
However, to remain eligible to receive financial aid, you must complete at least 75% of the units you attempt each academic year with a minimum GPA for your grade level.