Forms: Income Appeals / BUDGET INCREASES
Carefully read the instructions on all forms before completing and submitting them to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. Your request will be delayed if you fail to follow instructions or submit incomplete forms.
Student and parent requests for review are submitted to request a review of your financial aid eligibility due to special circumstances not addressed on your original Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) including, but not limited to:
- Loss of job or significant reduction of income
- Death, divorce, or separation after you submitted your FAFSA
- One time income that will not be received again
- Loss due to natural disaster not covered by insurance
A Student or Parent Request for Review, with all documentation, must be submitted by 3 p.m. on the applicable deadline date:
- Attending Fall 2020 only - by November 16, 2020
- Attending the academic year or Spring 2021 only - April 14, 2021
- Attending Summer 2021 - July 9, 2021
The Student's Request for a Budget Increase is to request a review of your aid eligibility due to expenses you incurred in excess of the standard cost of attendance.
- You can submit only one (1) Request for a Budget Increase per semester.
- To be considered, your Request for a Budget Increase must total at least $100.
A Student Request for a Budget Increase, with all documentation, must be submitted by 3 p.m. on the applicable deadline date:
Attending Fall 2020 only - November 20, 2020
Attending the academic year or Spring 2021 only - April 16, 2021
Attending Summer 2021 - July 22, 2021
Study Abroad Budget Increase (PDF)
This form is for financial aid recipients participating in an SDSU-approved study abroad program during winter break, spring break, or summer term.
Due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, study abroad programs at SDSU have been temporarily suspended. When study abroad resumes, this form will be re-posted.
PDF or Excel format
- PDF format: All forms are in Portable Document Format (PDF) and require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view and print (download Adobe Acrobat Reader).
- Excel format: Documents in Excel format (XLS) require Excel Viewer (download Excel Viewer).
Some forms available only through AidLink
Sometimes additional documents and forms are required to complete your application. These forms are available only through your account on AidLink where you will find instructions describing what you need to do.
Check AidLink regularly!