Thank You NOTEs for SDSU Scholarships
- Scholarship recipients must submit a thank you note for each scholarship awarded by San Diego State University.
- Scholarship recipients also have the option of uploading a photo of themselves (workplace appropriate) to be shared with their scholarship donors.
- Thank you notes and photos are submitted electronically in the Aztec Scholarships portal. Facsimile (fax) and electronic mail (email) submissions will not be accepted.
- Thank you notes must be submitted within 14 calendar days of official award notification.
- Deadlines are strictly enforced, so no late submissions will be accepted.
- If the thank you note is not received by the deadline, the scholarship award will be rescinded and awarded to an alternate.
Why Thank You Notes are Required
Aztec Scholarships are made possible by contributions from generous donors who are making an investment in your education because they believe in your ability to succeed.
Scholarships are philanthropic gifts from donors, and the thank you note is an opportunity for you to show your donor you are the kind of student they can be proud to support.
Hearing from scholarship recipients is very meaningful to donors or their living relatives. It gives them an opportunity to obtain a glimpse of how their gift has made a difference in the life of a student. Your words also encourage the donor to continue supporting other students like you.
Thank You Note Tips
It’s quick and easy with only three simple steps:
1. Convey your gratitude
2. Express how it will impact you in your educational journey
3. And convey your gratitude again
Grammar and spelling
- Pay careful attention to the grammar, spelling, and organization of your note.
- Use the spell-checking function in your word processing software. Use a good grammar and style reference to eliminate any problems you may have with sentence and paragraph structure.
- Set your work aside for a while, then read the note again, aloud this time. And finally, have someone else proofread it to identify any errors you may have missed.