Change in Financial Situation After the FAFSA
If you experience a change in resources, income, or special circumstances not addressed on the original FAFSA, you may submit a Student and/or Parent Request for Review form.
The Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 Student and Parent Request for Review Form is now available.
Special circumstances that may be considered
Changes that may justify a review include, but are not limited to:
- Loss of a job or a substantial reduction in earnings or other income
- Loss or reduction of child support or spousal support
- Death, divorce, or separation from a spouse after submitting the FAFSA
- Income received last year that you will not receive in the current or upcoming year
- Loss due to recent natural disasters (e.g., earthquake, flood, fire) not covered by insurance
How to Submit a "Request for Review"
Contact the Student Financial Center to be counseled on the Request for Review process and to have a "Task" added in my.SDSU that will enable you to upload the form.
Note: processing time is 8-10 weeks.