Career Counselor and Liaison to the colleges of Engineering & Sciences.
- Provide career counseling to a diverse student population, including students with disabilities under WorkAbility IV
- Prescribe and interpret career assessments
- Design and deliver workshops and special presentations
- Plan and deliver programs to address specific students' needs by college, major or career goal
- Review résumés/cover letters and conduct practice interviews to prepare students for internships, jobs and admission to graduate/professional schools
- Update website content and create/edit fliers to publicize our services and events
- Advise Beta Gamma Nu Epsilon Chapter at SDSU
I have been providing counseling and career development to diverse populations in non-profit, rehabilitation and academic settings since 1997. I believe in the human potential to overcome barriers. Interest in sociopolitical/educational research, working with individuals with disabilities, first-generation, and underrepresented students. My counseling philosophy is to provide the tools to help a person become self-sufficient and a life-long learner.
- Master of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling at SDSU and a bachelor's degree from UC Berkeley.
- Certified by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC).
- Interests: science, literature, cinema, visual arts, martial arts, music, bad jokes and an expanding list of incompatible items.
“We teach people how to remember, we never teach them how to grow.” Oscar Wilde