Recruiting & Hiring Students
for Research, Jobs or Internships
SDSU faculty and staff, when you register as an employer with Handshake, a wide array of services and resources are available to your department or college:
- Post jobs, internships, & research opportunities (it’s free!)
- Learn more about internships.
- Participate in career fairs and conduct on-campus interviews
- Enjoy sponsorship and promotion opportunities…and much more!
Creating a Handshake Account for your Department
- Sign up for an Employer account in Handshake and confirm your email address
- Create a company profile for your department by clicking "Create New Company"
- Please name your department following the naming convention - SDSU "your department" (I.e. SDSU Office of Housing Administration) Tip: Do not join the company "San Diego State University"
- Note: Once you have created an employer account you can invite department contacts to join.
Additional video instructions: Creating an On-Campus Employer Account, it is under 6 minutes.
When posting a Federal Work Study job onto Handshake, please use the following guidelines:
- JOB TYPE: On Campus Student Employment
- Is this a Work Study job: NO
- Please toggle "NO" under the Federal Work Study section. The system is not currently set up to recognize FWS approved student accounts and will prevent students from seeing your position if marked "YES".
- Job Title: please include "Federal Work Study" - i.e. Federal Work Study: Student Office Assistant
- Job Description: please include "Must meet the eligibility requirements of the Work-Study Program as determined by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships"
For questions or assistance posting your position, please contact our Career Resources Team at 619.594.6509 (on-campus ext: 46509).