Referring Students to Career Services
We welcome your involvement! Please refer your students to Career Services for any and all career-related questions. For the Fall Semester, we encourage you to request a classroom presentation rather than request a class assignment/counselor review. This will allow us to provide your class with the tools and resources needed for project completion and for future reference throughout their professional development.
Career Services offers faculty/staff courtesy accounts. A faculty/staff account allows you to use our online management system, Handshake, to view and recommend resources available to your students, including:
- Internships and job postings
- Workshops including topics such as internship and job search, resume development, and planning for graduate school
- Employer Information Sessions
- Career Fairs and attending Employers
Contact Andre Frater at [email protected] to request your faculty/staff account. Please include your RedID and title in your
email request. After we create your account (usually within 1-2 business days), you'll
receive an email with login and referral instructions.
Refer your students to Career Services for:
- Handshake: Job listings, on-campus interview sign-up, information sessions, workshop calendar, and much more! Students who register with Handshake are automatically notified of upcoming major- and career-related events.
- Career Resource Room
- Career planning and counseling
- Help with choosing a major
- Information on volunteer, non-profit, and service-learning opportunities
- Job search assistance (full-time, internships, volunteer, part-time, campus and seasonal)
- Resumé writing and review
- Interview preparation (we offer practice interviews covering many industries and professions)
- ...and much more!