Career Fairs: Detailed Information for Recruiters
All fair registrations will open on Monday, August 2, 2021 and can be accessed through Handshake
Upon registration, you will be able to schedule the following during the fair:
Five 30-minute group meetings that accommodate up to 50 students each. Multiple recruiters can attend, talk with students, and share their screen. Employers will be able to see profiles and public resumes, as well as message the students they engage at the fair, making it easy to prepare for and follow up on all of their sessions.
10-minute 1:1 meetings with students hosted by up to 15 recruiters. Each recruiter can set their own schedule and choose qualifications students must meet to attend. Employers will have access to video, audio, and text-based chat during these meetings, enabling the personal connection of in-person fairs in a virtual, accessible setting.
Registration fees include event advertising; Career Fairs will be advertised via campus wide email to students, SDSU email newsletters via campus partners, career services website, and social media platforms across the SDSU campus.
Virtual Fall Career & Internship Fair
Day 1 | Registration & payment deadline: September 08, 2021
Day 2 | Registration & payment deadline: September 09, 2021
No refunds issued after payment or cancellation deadline.
Student Population Statement
Each year, SDSU provides 36,000 students with the opportunity to participate in an academic curriculum distinguished by direct contact with faculty and an increasing international emphasis that prepares them for a global future. The SDSU community is committed to graduating the global citizens, compassionate leaders and ethical innovators who will impact the future of San Diego and the world.
We have a diverse student and alumni population. SDSU received the INSIGHT Into Diversity Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award for five consecutive years. This national honor recognizes colleges and universities that demonstrate outstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Things to Have Ready
- Links to LinkedIn, or employer website where students can apply for jobs directly
- Links to websites with materials describing opportunities with your organization
- Links to announcements of any scheduled information session(s) and/or recruiting date(s) at SDSU
Tips for Success
- Be sure to test technology at least a few days prior to the fair. Check the lighting in the room and your background ahead of time. Consider using a background that represents your company.
- A desktop computer or laptop is highly recommended to avoid holding a cell phone throughout a conversation and to also be able to see all participants joining through Zoom.
- During group meetings, encourage students to turn on their cameras and use the chat feature for a more interactive session.
- On the day of the fair, be sure to log on 15 minutes prior to each of your sessions in case any issues arise.
- Bring recruiters who are SDSU alumni, if possible—it’s a great selling point when current students see a former Aztec achieving in your company.
Career Services Contacts
For questions about career fair details and logistics, please contact:
- Registration & payment deadlines vary by fair
- No refunds issued after payment or cancellation deadline.
- All Career Services events, career fairs, and recruitment opportunities will take place virtually this semester as SDSU adapts to a flex plan with Career Services functioning remotely.
- Support during the COVID-19 pandemic from Zoom: https://zoom.us/docs/en-us/covid19.html