Resources For Parents
SDSU Career Services empowers students and alumni to build bridges to their future careers. There are many that ways you — as parents of students and alumni — can help your student and support Career Services!
How you can help your student
At Career Services, we do our best to help your student succeed. Parents can help by encouraging students to:
- Set up an Handshake.
- Get involved in an internship or mentorship experience.
- Attend Career Services events, like Career Fairs, workshops, and other programs. See our calendar of events here.
- Research majors, careers, and assess areas of personal interest.
How you can get involved
There are many ways you can get involved and make a difference in the life of your student, and all Aztecs.
- Join the Aztec Parents Association.
- Become a student's mentor through the Aztec Mentor Program.
- Does your organization hire for interns or full-time positions? Register your company with Career Services and hire SDSU talent!
- Outcomes surveys: Career Services conducts a salary survey of graduating seniors each semester. Includes recent and archived survey results.
- Annual Recruiting Trends Report: Each year, Michigan State University surveys employers who recruit at universities around the nation. SDSU participates in this survey by sharing the employers who recruit with us.
- NACE website: NACE (National Association of Colleges and Employers) provides information about many topics of interest to parents of college-age students, including internships.