Employers come to our campus to recruit students and alumni for jobs and internships. Some Career Fairs are designed to connect students to employers in specific areas. However, many employers recruit from across all majors and train college graduates for a variety of careers.
Even if you are not ready to apply now, you can start preparing by networking with recruiters and learning about upcoming opportunities and requirements. Also, graduate and professional schools attend fairs to provide valuable information to students contemplating graduate programs. See descriptions of recurring career fairs (below).
Career fairs and other events are offered throughout the year. View our current calendar of events.
Why attend Career Fairs?
- Learn about companies and opportunities in your field of interest
- Prepare early for future careers
- Meet employers with available positions
- Network with employers and SDSU alumni
- Confirm application deadlines and interview dates
- Learn about graduate and professional school programs
Career Fair Success
Take advantage of the opportunity to meet employers and alumni who want to talk to you about their occupations and employment opportunities.
Gather information on career options, develop a network of contacts, identify job openings, or secure an interview.
- Review these career fair tips.
- Attend our workshops to help you develop your resume, professional look, and networking skills.
- Bring copies of your resume and be prepared to ask questions.
If accessibility accommodations (e.g. ASL interpreting, real-time captioning) are needed, please contact Melissa Gonzalez at [email protected] at least 3 days before the fair.
Hot Tip: Prepare for Career Fairs
Career Fairs provide a forum for students and employers to meet and talk informally about full-time, part-time, volunteer, and internship opportunities.
We recommend that students attend a pre-Career Fair workshop, which is usually held a few days or the day before a Career Fair, where you'll learn some important do's and don'ts.
Spring 2020 Fairs | Virtual
- Spring Career & Internship Fair: Wednesday, February 12 & Thursday February 13, 2020 | Spring Career & Internship Fair employer registration | Spring Career & Internship Fair list of participating employers
- Fowler College of Business Career Fair: Thursday, March 5, 2020 | Fowler College of Business Career Fair employer registration | Fowler College of Business Career Fair list of participating employers
- Nonprofit and Education Career Fair: Thursday, March 19, 2020 | Nonprofit and Education Career Fair employer registration | Nonprofit and Education Career Fair list of participating employers
- Just In Time Career Fair: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - Thursday, May 21, 2020 | Just In Time Career Fair employer registration | Just In Time Career Fair list of participating employers
Fall 2020 Fairs | Virtual Event on Handshake
- Fall Career & Internship Fair: Wednesday, September 16 & Thursday, September 17, 2020 | Fall Career and Internship Fair employer registration
- Graduate & Professional School Fair: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 | Graduate & Professional School Fair recruiter registration
- STEM Career Fair: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 | STEM Career Fair employer registration