SDSU Career Services offers many workshops designed to help you explore potential career paths, enhance your skills, and prepare you for success in your job search and career development process.
- Find out about current and upcoming workshops and other events
- All workshops are held in Career Services, SSE 1200 unless otherwise noted.
Explore the wide variety of workshop options for SDSU students and alumni:
- Applying for Federal Jobs - Learn how to navigate and apply for jobs with the federal government. (1.5 hours)
- Career Fair Success - Learn the Dos and Don'ts when attending a Career Fair. (1 hour)
- CareerLink: Passport to Student Success - Start your SDSU experience here!
- Connecting to Career Services - Optimize your success by learning about services and resources available to you through SDSU Career Services. (1 hour)
- Diversity in the Workplace - Increase your awareness of workplace diversity from various perspectives. (2 hours)
- Federal Resumé Writing - Learn how to write specialized resumes for federal government positions. (1 hour)
- Financial Literacy
- Graduate & Professional School Day - Meet with faculty and admission officers from various disciplines and schools to learn about requirements and prepare to apply for these programs.
- Internships 101: Jump Start Your Success - Get an internship! Learn what internships are, why you need to do one, and connect to an employer panel that hires interns. (1 hour)
- Internships 201: All You Need to Know to Be a Successful Intern - Move from "showing up" to "shining" as an intern! Interact with a panel of professionals to learn current best practices. (1 hour)
- Internships 301: Internships and Beyond, Your Next Steps to Success - Looking forward to the end of your internship. Learn how to close the experience and pursue other experiences that lead to success. (1 hour)
- Interview with Confidence - Ace the interview and land a job! Learn effective strategies and develop strong interviewing skills. (1 hour)
- Job Search for the Federal Government - Learn how to apply for jobs with the federal government.
- Job Search Success - Learn effective strategies for navigating the job market. (1 hour)
- Legal Rights and Wrongs of Social Media
- Out, Proud, and Professional - Learn about LGBTQ professionals' experiences, challenges, and opportunities in the workplace. (1.5 hours; workshop takes place in the Pride Center)
- Personal Branding Using Social Media - Create and manage your personal brand with effective tips from employers. (1 hour)
- Planning for Graduate School - Learn tips and information to apply for graduate school. (1 hour)
- Professional Etiquette - Learn to professionalize your network experience
- Resumania - Prepare for the Career Fair by having your resumé critiqued by employers and Career Services professionals. (2 hours)
- Rock Your Resumé - Stand out among the rest, by making your resumé the best. (1 hour)
- Salary Negotiation 102 - Learn how to negotiate a salary from employers and SDSU alumni. (1.5 hours)
- Technical STEM Interviews - How to ace your technical interview. (1.5 hours)
- Technical STEM Resumé Workshop - When one size does not fit all: Writing a specialized resumé. (1.5 hours)
- Veterans in the Workforce - Network with veterans who have successfully transitioned into the civilian workforce. (1.5 hours)