Please Note: SDSU's campus will be closed for Winter Break from December 22, 2022 through December 28, 2022.
EOP, Outreach and Success will be holding virtual office hours on Wednesday, January 4th and Thursday, January 5th from 8:00 - 4:30 PM. If you need to schedule an appointment, have questions regarding your application or need to get connected to any additional resource, please do not hesitate to drop in at https://SDSU.zoom.us/j/85895484031.
The Office of Educational Opportunity Programs, Outreach and Success seeks to educate, empower, and motivate students and their loved ones from historically underserved and underrepresented communities by providing innovative recruitment, transitional and retention services to attain a university degree.
We are here to support all current undocumented and mixed status students:
Have questions for EOP or want to set up an appointment with your counselor?
Call (619) 594-6298
The EOP Public Information Assistants are available Monday through Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm to individually assist you. You can also email us at [email protected] for additional assistance.
Please email [email protected] for any questions regarding how to apply to EOP and sign up for our summer transitional programs.
The Office of Educational Opportunity Programs, Outreach and Success (EOPOS) offers on-going services such as outreach, recruitment, and admission processing throughout the year. We provide on and off campus visits, presentations, and student panels.
EOPOS students are provided with the following services/resources:
- One-on-one advising (academic and personal)
- Learning Support Center (LSC) (a space for studying, tutoring, workshops, and computer access)
- A dedicated financial aid counselor in the EOPOS office space
- First Contact Orientation (for all incoming EOPOS students)
- BEST Summer Bridge Program (for incoming first year students)
- Transfer Bridge Program (for incoming transfer students)
- SOAR Mentoring Program (peer-to-peer mentoring for incoming students)
- Undocumented Student Support
- Opportunities for student employment in the EOPOS office (front desk, tutoring and office support)
- EOPOS Special Events and/or Sponsored Conferences
- An intimate Graduation Ceremony for our students and their loved ones
Additional services which are provided to SDSU EOPOS students on-site include, but are not limited to: wellness coaching, study abroad advising, career services advising, and CalFresh assistance. Students also have opportunity to gain leadership experience by joining one of our department supported student organizations, which consists of the EOP Student Advisory Board (ESAB), Guardian Scholars Student Advisory Board (GSSAB) and Student Parents and Allies Association (SPAA), and the Compact Scholars Student Association (CSSA). Students who want to give back and volunteer for student panels, presentations, and campus excursions should join our RISE Volunteer Program.
San Diego State University is following the guidelines of county, state and federal public health officials and other authorities as it continues its academic and research mission during the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit the university’s COVID-19 site and SDSU Flex site for more information.
I Want to Apply...
How and When:
Via Cal State Apply between October 1 - January 15 during the Admission application cycle
- EFC of $1,500 or below
- California Resident or AB540
- First Generation students given priority for admission
- Students in need of additional academic and social support
- Apply by the deadline!
I Have Applied...
You will receive an EOP admission decision in March/April when SDSU Admission decisions have been released. If you have not been contacted, please submit a Status Check Request.