General Interview Questions
Practice and prepare to answer common interview questions like the ones below. Practice saying your answers out loud and making eye contact to convey confidence and respect.
- Tell me about yourself.
- What is your major? Do you like it? Why or why not?
- Where do you see yourself five years from now?
- Why are you seeking a position in this company?
- What do you know about this company?
- What contributions can you make to our company?
- What are your plans for continuing your professional growth?
- What kind of work environment are you most comfortable in?
- What type of position are you most interested in?
- What have you learned from some of the previous jobs / positions you have held?
- Give me an example of a work situation in which you were not proud of your performance. What did you learn from this situation?
- What quality or qualities do you have that would enhance our staff?
- Describe any school experience you have had that has prepared you for a full-time position at our school.
- Tell me about a conflict with a coworker and how you resolved it.
- What four words would you use to describe yourself?
- What do you consider to be your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why should this company hire you?
- What questions haven’t I asked you that you would like to answer?
- Do you have any questions for me?
Note: General Interview Questions is available as a printable PDF