Presentations for Student Groups
Health education presentations are available to the campus community wherever you want to promote health and wellness!
- Student groups are encouraged to request presentations which are facilitated by health educators, community resource specialists, or peer health educators.
- We offer standard presentations on a variety of topics, and we will also work with you to create a specialized presentation to meet the needs of your community.
- Presentations are generally 30 to 60 minutes in length.
How to schedule a presentation
Requestors are responsible for choosing their topic(s) of interest and for coordinating the date, time, and location of the presentation. Presentations must be requested at least 2 weeks in advance.
Location: All presentations must take place on campus (Greek housing and residential halls are considered on campus) and be affiliated with SDSU.
Who can request a presentation? On-campus presentations are available to faculty and staff as well as student organization leaders, residence hall coordinators, and others in the SDSU campus community.
Questions? Call the Well-being & Health Promotion Department at (619) 594-4133.
Student presentations focus on a variety of topics, including but not limited to:
Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Learn about different types of drinking behavior, facts about standard drink size, blood alcohol level, and more.
- Learn more about Narcan, and receive training on how to use it in an emergency.
Visit our AOD page for more information.
- Making Your Community Safer: Find out about the bystander effect and the role it plays in your reaction to problematic or emergency situations. Learn how and when to step in safely.
Visit our bystander intervention presentation page for more information.
- Mobi - Well-being & Health Promotion’s Mobile Demonstration Kitchen, better known as Mobi, is a brand-new resource for students on campus! Mobi provides nutrition education coupled with a cooking demonstration to teach students essential cooking techniques.
- Nutrition Basics - Get an overview of the essentials of healthy eating.
- Healthy Eating on Campus Walking Tours - Learn how to make healthy choices at the Aztec Student Union or at Trader Joes.
- More Nutrition for Your Buck - Learn how to make healthy choices while sticking to your budget!
- Healthy Eating Using Your Meal Plan - Learn how to make healthy choices using your meal plan, even when you're stressed out!
- Cooking Healthy in the Kitchen - Learn how to prepare healthy, fast and budget-friendly meals in your own kitchen.
Visit our nutrition presentations page for more information.
- AcSEXsories - Do have questions about sex? Ask us anything while we give you safer sex supplies and tips to have a healthier and more positive sex life!
- Contraception Methods - Learn about the many different types of birth control or contraceptives available today.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (Education & Prevention) - Get an overview of sexually transmitted diseases (STI's) including transmission, symptoms, and prevention.
- Gynecological Exams & Contraception Methods - Learn when you should get a Gynecological health exam and what happens during an exam (including the pap smear); includes an overview of contraceptives.
Visit our sexual health presentations page for more information.
- FratMANers and SISSTER presentations - These are engaging, 50-minute, peer-led presentations that focus on sexual assault awareness, prevention, and survivor support.
- Healthy Relationships and Dating Violence - Learn about healthy relationships and dating violence. Learn what a healthy relationship looks like and how to be a good partner!
- Sexual Violence Awareness, Prevention, and Intervention/Consent - Learn about sexual violence and Title IX, reporting options, and the health and wellness resources available on campus to victims and survivors.
Visit our sexual violence presentations page for more information.
Health and Wellness
- What Do You Get With Your Tuition? Health & Wellness Resources at State - Learn about what services and resources are offered, where they are located, and how to take advantage of them.
- Health Away From Home - Want to learn more about healthcare coverage, how to get it and how to use it? Ask our Health Literacy and Outreach Coordinator questions about on-campus and off-campus health and wellness services at this informative presention.
Visit our health and wellness presentations page for more information.
- Sleep Strategies - Learn how inadequate sleep detracts from student success, and get helpful suggestions for improving your quality of life through good sleep habits.
Visit our sleep strategies presentations page for more information.