C.O.P.E.* Stress Test
*(Cultivating Optimal Personal Experiences)
Using the scale below, rate yourself on how you “normally” react, not how you “would like” to act.
4 = always 3 = frequently 2 = sometimes 1 = never
- Do you try to do as much as possible in the least amount of time?
- Do you become extremely frustrated when things don’t go according to plan?
- Do you feel that you sometimes have trouble connecting with people?
- Are you frequently late?
- Are you unlikely to ask for help with a problem?
- Do you focus on gaining the respect and approval of others?
- Are you critical of yourself and/or others?
- Do people say to you, “You take on too much responsibility”?
- Are your relationships less satisfying than you would like?
- Do you find yourself “spread too thin” with your time and energy?
- Do you get angry and irrational and then apologize to people later?
- Do you find yourself “putting off ” resting, saying things like, “I’ll relax next week”?
- Do you have the habit of doing more than one thing at a time?
- Do you have little time for hobbies or “alone” time?
- Do you tend to rush through conversations, finish people’s sentences, and talk quickly?
- Do you consider yourself “hard driving”?
- Do you have a lot of emotional ups and downs?
- Do you need a deadline to be motivated?
- Do you do your best work “at the last minute”?
- Do you feel a little guilty if you have a weekend or an evening where you do absolutely nothing productive?
- : Add up the numbers for all twenty questions.
Check your results
If your score is between: