In support of the mission of San Diego State University, the Center for Student Rights and Responsibilities educates campus community members about the Student Code of Conduct and assists in the development of students as good citizens.
In order to carry out this mission, we strive to:
- Demonstrate care for individual students, their educational aspirations, and personal development
- Help students and parents understand the importance of accountability
- Increase retention by encouraging students to make appropriate, ethical and positive choices
- Decrease risk behaviors through intervention and appropriate sanctioning
- Ensure that students’ due process and privacy rights are protected
- Provide outreach, educational materials and advisement to students, faculty and staff regarding the Student Code of Conduct and system wide processes.