Christian Community ERG (CCERG)
Mission: The CCERG hopes to foster a welcoming and inclusive envrionment at SDSU for individuals interested in issues facing the Christian community. To support this mission, our ERG follows these three steps: Encourage, Reach Out, Support.
Regular Meetings: We meet over zoom on the first Wednesday of each month from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm. Contact Karen Whitley, [email protected] for more information.
The CCERG Book Club is an opportunity to have a structured, regular meeting (perhaps every 6 weeks or so) to discuss books, build friendships, study the Bible, and grow spiritually. The club selects a common work, and then we join together to participate in a virtual discussion. Our discussions will be geared toward implications to our own personal and professional lives in order to help us grow as believers and followers of God.
The first book we would like to propose is Confronting Christianity by Rebecca McLaughlin. It examines 12 hard questions for the world's largest religion. I would like to make this book club digestible, in that, I suggest maybe starting with the first 3 chapters, meeting as a group, then discussing the next three and so on. If you are interested, please email Annie, at[email protected] with your availability (day/time) in a given week.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our recommended reading list.
- The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Living by the Book by Howard G. and William D. Hendricks
- Confronting Christianity by Rebecca McLaughlin
- Mere Christanity by C.S. Lewis
- Every Good Endeavor: Connecting Your Work to God’s Work - Tim Keller
- The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism - Tim Keller
- Uncommon Ground: Living Faithfully in a World of Difference - John Inazu & Tim Keller
- The Crucifixion - Fleming Rutledge
- The Fabric of Faithfulness: Weaving Together Belief & Behavior - Steven Garber
- You Are What You Love: The Spiritual Power of Habit - James KA Smith
- Culture Making: Recovering Our Creative Calling - Andy Crouch
- Gospel: Recovering the Power that Made Christianity Revolutionary - JD Greear
- The Call: Finding and Fulfilling God’s Purpose for Your Life - Os Guiness
- Teach us to Want: Longing, Ambition and the Life of Faith - Jen Pollock Michel
- Renovation of the Heart - Dallas Willard
- The Divine Conspiracy - Dallas Willard
- Spiritual Leadership: Principles of Excellence for Every Believer - J. Oswald Sanders
- The Normal Christian Life - Watchman Nee
- Can You Drink the Cup - Henri Nouwen
- Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership - Ruth Haley Barton
- The Storm Tossed Family - Russell Moore