SDSU BAYANIHAN, Filipino American Faculty and Staff Association
With the aim of fostering an inclusive environment, the Bayanihan Filipino American Faculty and Staff Association is committed to increasing awareness, education, and promotion of Filipino American culture at SDSU.
There are five primary objectives of the San Diego State University Filipino American Faculty and Staff Association. These include:
- Contributing to the recruitment of Fil-Am faculty/staff while enhancing career pathways for current Fil-Am faculty/staff.
- Fostering an environment of inclusion for faculty and staff from underrepresented groups.
- Cultivating relationships with the local community that advance the well-being of diverse individuals and communities.
- Celebrating the diversity of the SDSU community through activities that increase awareness, education, and promotion of Filipino American culture.
- Bolstering the Fil-Am pipeline of students to SDSU by strengthening our relationships with A.B. Samahan, SDSU Samahan Filipino American Alumni, and other community and educational partners.
Our current leadership includes:
- Chair – Iris Isla
- Vice Chair – Bryan Spencer, M.A.
- Secretary – Michael Juan, Ph.D.
- ERG Council Representative – Natalie Bagaporo
- ERG Calendar Manager – Willaine Cabal Carr, M.Ed.