The SDSU Pride Employee Resource Group is an alliance of nearly 200 faculty, staff, and student employees committed to an inclusive, open campus community, advancing equality for LGBTQIA+ people. We come together to build personal connections, celebrate, learn, and foster social justice and equity within the larger SDSU and LGBTQIA+ community. Through advocating for rights, encouraging discussions, and seeking solutions, we act as agents of positive change for employees as well as students.
- Provide a network of support to navigate the ever-changing higher education environment.
- Advocate for the most vulnerable and underserved populations on campus.
- Build career-long connections that improve the workplace experience and facilitate access to campus resources.
- Show support for LGBTQIA+ students and programming.
- Create community opportunities for laughter, play, and sharing stories.
In the spirit of equality, social justice, and inclusivity, we strive to increase awareness of LGBTQIA+ experiences and contributions at SDSU.
Statement of Solidarity:
The Pride ERG stands in solidarity with all underserved communities. We acknowledge intersectionality LGBTQIA+ experiences across many identities. Pride was a riot against police brutality, “legal” surveillance of queer and trans folkx by the state, discrimination, and systemic oppression. It was started by two Black trans womxn, a Black gender nonconforming lesbian, a Latinx trans womxn, and an Afro-Boricua and Indigenous trans womxn. The LGBTQIA+ community includes all identities, but there is racism, classism, ableism, sexism, and other forms of discrimination within the LGBTQIA+ community that we must address. We cannot forget the words of Masha P. Johnson “no Pride for some of us without liberation for all of us.”
Submit to the Pride ERG Newsletter
Email: [email protected]
Calendar of Events