The SDSU Pride Employee Resource Group is an alliance of over 140 faculty, staff, and student employees committed to an inclusive, open campus community, advancing equality for LGBTQIA+ people. We come together to build personal connections, celebrate, learn, and foster social justice and equity within the larger SDSU and LGBTQIA+ community. Through advocating for rights, encouraging discussions, and seeking solutions, we act as agents of positive change for employees as well as students.
- Provide a network of support to navigate the ever-changing higher education environment.
- Advocate for the most vulnerable and underserved populations on campus.
- Build career-long connections that improve the workplace experience and facilitate access to campus resources.
- Show support for LGBTQIA+ students and programming.
- Create community opportunities for laughter, play, and sharing stories.
In the spirit of equality, social justice, and inclusivity, we strive to increase awareness of LGBTQIA+ experiences and contributions at SDSU.
Statement of Support to SDSU’s Black Community:
The Pride ERG stands in solidarity with the Black community of SDSU and beyond. We acknowledge intersectionality of Black and LGBTQIA+ experiences. Pride was a riot against police brutality, “legal” surveillance of queer and trans folkx by the state, discrimination, and systemic oppression. It was started by 2 Black trans womxn, a Black gender nonconforming lesbian, a Latinx trans womxn, and an Afro-Boricua and Indigenous trans womxn. The LGBTQIA+ community includes all races, but there is racism within the LGBTQIA+ community that we must address. We must not forget the words of Masha P. Johnson “no Pride for some of us without liberation for all of us.”
Email: [email protected]