To ensure effective shared governance, transparency and broad sharing of relevant
information from all voices
regarding diversity, inclusion and equity, each college, SDSU Imperial Valley, the Library, Global Campus, Business and
Financial Affairs, Student Affairs and Campus Diversity, Information Technology, Research Affairs, and University
Advancement shall establish a standing Diversity Council.
The Diversity Councils:
- shall review, advise, and provide feedback to the unit’s leadership regarding matters related to students, staff and faculty diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- shall provide guidance and support for the development, implementation and on-going assessment of unit diversity plans;
- may be involved in coordinating DEI initiatives within and across units and contributing to campus DEI initiatives.
Each unit shall establish a process for ensuring that the composition of the Diversity
Council includes broad
representation of the unit’s employees and, as appropriate, students.
University Library Diversity Council
- Initial term of 6 months (January - June 2021), plan
- Co-chairs: Gloria Rhodes, Patrick Flanigan